Not all products or companies are the same therefore the quality and service varies.
Every product has different specifications from its colour to dimensions and every company its own logo or branding. We here at Acoustafoam understand that every customer has their own requirements and our policy is to provide a rapid turnaround from the initial inquiry stage right through to delivery to all of our customers.
Our CNC machine is able to cut parts from polycarbonate sheets to any shapes including internal cut outs and fixing holes. Patterns can be embossed on one side if need with the options to have reinforced grades for added stability and tensile strength and UVP grade material for outside usage.
We offer a range of polycarbonates from transparent, white or bronze, etc and is resistant to impact, weather and resistant to low and high temperatures.
To maintain and to cleaning a polycarbonate (Makrolon/Lexan/sahpire) you have to remember that it has a pore less surface to which dirt finds it difficult to adhere. Dusty sections are wiped down with water and a soft cloth or sponge, never rubbed down dry.
For thorough cleaning, it is advisable to use a non-scouring detergent. Paint splashes; grease and putty residues can be removed before they harden by lightly rubbing with a soft cloth which has been soaked in ethyl alcohol, isopropanol or petroleum ether (boiling point 65 °C). Spots of rust can be dealt with using a 10 % solution of oxalic acid.
Mechanical cleaning systems (for example systems which use rotating brushes or wipers) should never be used on Makrolon. Even if plenty of washing water is applied to the brushes, they may still scratch the sheet surface.
If you require cutting for tougher material or need pin point precision cutting then out water jet cutting is your solution.
At Acoustafoam we have six state of the art CNC controlled water jet cutting machines for production needs. One of our machines is abrasive assisted allowing it to cut through plastics, aluminium, glass and marble.
Key benefits of water cutting:
• Creative designs cut without discolouration to cut edge
• Larger designs can be cut in sections
• Burr free cut edges
• Gasket and insulation materials profiled without tooling costs
• Thick foam and rubber cut with parallels side
• Environmentally friendly and clean production
• Prototypes to batch production quantities easily accommodated
• Pre-printed materials cut to minute intricacy
• Flexible materials supported on a sacrificial base to ensure accurate cutting
• Aluminium, stainless steel, brass cut with no tarnishing
• Complex and intricate designs accommodated
• Accommodates highly reflective and polished surfaces
• Ceramic floor, wall tiles, Granite, marble, slate and limestone designs also created
• Laminates and composites cut with no delamination
• No heat affected zones
• Accuracies down to 0.005″ (0.13 mm) and repeatable down to 0.001″ (0.025 mm)
• Fewer airborne dust particles, smoke, fumes, and contaminants, reducing operator exposure to hazardous materials
For further information please contact our sales team on 01952 581340